151 Slater Street
Strategically located at the corner of Slater & O'Connor Street, the Burnside Building is ideally positioned to take advantage of the city's rapid transit system and offers immediate access to Ottawa's business, government and financial centres. Tenants and clients alike can enjoy the best of Ottawa's downtown as this Building is within easy walking distance of the National Arts Centre, the Capital Congress Centre and the Rideau Centre Shopping Complex and is adjacent to Sheraton International Hotel.
For the Tenant's convenience, the Burnside Building offers a sit-down cafeteria and catering service and private and secure underground parking.
- Physical Properties
- Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Life Safety/Security
- Property Management
- Total rentable area: 147,046
- Number of floors: 12 floors plus 1 basement level
- Building Renovations: Lobby and corridor renovations 2008. Energy savings lighting retrofit 2007.Energy conservation retrofit to building systems 2007. Water conservation retrofit, 2007.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, barrier free at B-1 level.
- Elevators/Passenger: 3 high speed gearless elevators with computerized controls to monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times. Elevators lock off for tenant security after hours
- Freight elevator: One of the elevators is oversized in height to double as a freight elevator when required.
- Amenities: Boardroom Rental available to tenants. On direct transit routes for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the Central Business District, the Ottawa Convention Centre, the National Arts Centre, shopping, dining and major hotels. On-site storage lockers available for lease to tenants.
On site garage: Tenant parking for up to 200 cars, 4 levels.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space.
- HVAC: Seimens Energy Conservation Retrofit in 2005, computer controlled building ventilation system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirements, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant's requirements at an additional charge)
- Emergency power: Emergency lighting in common areas provided by battery packs. Battery back-up for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low wattage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2007 for energy efficiency
- Fibre optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-site monitoring station for fire and elevators 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and Smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the building. 2 fire hose cabinets per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on every floor.
- Video surveillance: Security cameras on-site.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service “green” cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning in 2008, digitally controlled automated building systems were installed in 2005, a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency done in 2007 and a water conservation retrofit in 2007.
- On-site Day Engineer. Building Manager shared between 2 adjacent buildings.
- Metcalfe Realty’s property management office is located in the Varette Building at 130 Albert Street, which is in the same city block as 151 Slater Street. This close proximity of the property management office provides the tenants with convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.
- Suite 214 10,303 sq.ft.
- Suite 302 2,055 sq.ft.
- Suite 309 2,853 sq.ft.
- Suite 400 1,536 sq.ft.
- Suite 410 1,513 sq.ft.
- Suite 502 1,452 sq.ft.
- Suite 505 1,421 sq.ft.
- Suite 705 292 sq.ft.
- Suite 706 3,121 sq.ft.
- Suite 714 1,441 sq.ft.
- Suite G087 2,129 sq.ft.