130 Albert Street
Strategically nestled between Albert Street and Slater Street, across from the World Exchange Plaza the Varette Building boasts one of the most accessible locations for Ottawa's professional, financial and government businesses.
The building features two convenient main entrances that open on to the city's major transit arteries, Albert and Slater Street. Tenants can enjoy the convenience of a sit down cafeteria, a boardroom for executive meetings, furnished mini-offices to meet short-term office rental requirements, and a retail arcade on the ground floor housing other convenient services.
Tenants benefit from on-site property management and four levels of secure and private parking.
Over this past decade Metcalfe Realty Company Limited has endeavored to maintain a high standard of energy efficiency and environmentally friendly practices in its buildings. In 2007, the building underwent a full lighting replacement and in 2005 an energy retrofit was undertaken with the installation of digital automated controls for the building HVAC. In 2008 a “green” cleaning program was implemented.
- Physical Properties
- Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Life Safety/Security
- Property Management
- Total rentable area: 207,656
- Number of floors: 20 floors plus 1 basement level
- Building Renovations: Building façade revitalization 2009. Corridor renovations 2007.
Energy conservation retrofit to building systems, 2005. Energy saving lighting retrofit, 2007, water conservation retrofit, 2007. Mechanical retrofit with new cab. 2007.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on each floor, 1 barrier free on 7th floor.
- Elevators/Passenger: 5 high speed gearless elevators with computerized controls monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times.
Separate shuttle elevator from the 19th floor to the 20th and one shuttle elevator to garage from ground floor from 4–B level.
- Freight elevator: One of the elevators is oversized in height to double as a freight elevator when required.
- Amenities: On-site cafeteria, boardroom rental available for tenants. On the major transit arteries for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the Central Business district, Shopping, Dining, the Ottawa Convention Center and major hotels. Services available in the Building include a Men’s Clothing store and Tailor Shop, Dry cleaning, Print Shop, Convenience Store, Dentist, Physiotherapist, Massage Therapist, Travel Agency and Employment Agency. On-site storage lockers are available for lease to tenants and short term office rentals (mini offices) are available in the B-1 Level.
- On site garage: Tenant parking for up to 118 cars, 3 levels.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior space
- HVAC: Seimens Energy Conservation Retrofit in 2005, computer controlled building ventilation system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirements, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling.
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant's requirements at an additional charge).
- Emergency power: Natural gas generator, for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low voltage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2007 for energy efficiency
- Fibre Optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-Site monitoring station for fire, and elevators 24/7
- Fire detection: Heat and smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the Building. 2 fire hose cabinets per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on each floor.
- Video surveillance: At all points of entry to the Building including the garage.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service "green" cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday - Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning in 2008, digitally controlled automated building systems were installed in 2005, a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency done in 2007 and a water conservation retrofit 2007.
- On site Building Manager and Day Engineer.
- As the Property Management office for Metcalfe Realty Company Limited is located in this building, tenants enjoy convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up for all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.
- Suite 1016 1,665 sq.ft.
- Suite 1110 5,551 sq.ft.
- Suite 1203 1,705 sq.ft. (Jun 1st, 2013)
- Suite 1409 2,092 sq.ft.
- Suite 1605 2,418 sq.ft.
- Suite 2010 912 sq.ft.
- Suite 305 (contiguous with 312 812 sq.ft.
- Suite 419 1,969 sq.ft.
- Suite 501 3,124 sq.ft.
- Suite 608 2,360 sq.ft.
- Suite 706 2,360 sq.ft.
- Suite 803 (contiguous with 804) 2,214 sq.ft.
- Suite 804 (contiguous with 803) 980 sq.ft.
- Suite 805 1,655 sq.ft.
- Suite 907 (contiguous with 910) 420 sq.ft.
- Suite 910 (contiguous with 907) 1,630 sq.ft.
- Suite B001 1,196 sq.ft.
- Suite B005 1,176 sq.ft.
- Suite B04A 215 sq.ft.