116 Albert Street
116 Albert occupies a coveted site on the corner of two of Ottawa's busiest arteries, Metcalfe and Albert Streets. It is a prominent location in the heart of Ottawa's financial and banking area and just a few blocks south of Parliament Hill. This distinctive address offers critical access to Ottawa's many business opportunities.
A cafeteria is located within the building and secure private parking is conveniently located underground.
- Physical Properties
- Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Life Safety/Security
- Property Management
- Total rentable area: 97,307
- Number of floors: 10 floors above grade and 2 floors below grade.
- Building Renovations: Building facade revitalization in 2009. Corridor renovations 2007. Energy savings lighting retrofit in 2009. Energy and water conservation retrofit to building systems, 2009. Elevator mechanical retrofit with new cabs 2007.
- Washrooms: Men’s and Women’s washroom on every floor except 1-B.
- Elevators/Passenger: 3 high speed gearless elevators with computerized controls monitor traffic usage and reduce wait times.
- Amenities: On-site cafeteria, boardroom rental available for tenants. On major transit arteries for easy access from all parts of the City. Close to Parliament Hill, the Courthouse, the Ottawa Convention Centre, the National Arts Centre, the Central Business district, shopping, dinning and Major hotels. Onsite storage lockers available for lease to tenants. Services to the building include Dermis Skin Care Centre and Grand and Toy retail store.
On site garage: Valet parking for tenants for 36 cars, 1 level.
Mechanical, Electrical, etc
- Heating: 2 gas fired boilers provide heat to perimeter induction units and interior
- HVAC: Siemens Energy Conservation Retrofit in 2009, computer controlled building ventilation system designed to meet Ashrae fresh air requirements, automated temperature controls for energy efficiency and fan assisted VAV system for cooling
- HVAC operating hours: 08H00 to 18H00 (operating hours can be extended to meet tenant's requirements at an additional charge)
- Cooling capacity: High efficiency chiller scheduled for installation in fall of 2009 to meet the CRC requirements of the “Montreal Protocol”
- Emergency power: Diesel generator, for fire and life safety systems
- Light fixtures: T8 ceiling mounted low voltage fixtures, complete lighting retrofit in 2009 for energy efficiency
- Fibre optics: Available to the Building
- Monitoring: Off-site monitoring station for fire, and elevators 24/7
- Sprinklers: Sprinklered to meet code requirements; fire pump located on 1B level
- Fire detection: Heat and Smoke detection devices to meet code requirements for the Building. 2 fire hose cabinets per floor. Portable fire extinguishers and pull stations on every floor.
- Video Surveillance: Security cameras on-site.
Daily cleaning: Daily, full service “green” cleaning for all tenancies.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 08H00 to 18H00
- Recycling: paper, plastics, glass, cans, cardboard and newsprint.
- Building greening: To reduce the carbon footprint of the building and to provide a healthier work environment for the tenants the Building was converted to “green” cleaning in 2008, digitally controlled automated building systems installed in 2009 and a full lighting replacement for energy efficiency done in 2009. A water conservation retrofit is scheduled for 2010
- On-site Day Engineer. Building Manager shared between 2 adjacent buildings.
- Metcalfe Realty’s property management office is located in the Varette Building at 130 Albert Street, which is in the same city block as the 116 Albert Street building. This close proximity of the property management office provides the tenants with convenient first class property management and tenant care.
- A computerized Tenant Maintenance Request System provides for early response and close follow up of all tenant maintenance requests and other enquiries.
- Suite 200 3,934 sq.ft.
- Suite 300 10,054 sq.ft.
- Suite 510 2,326 sq.ft.
- Suite 709 2,137 sq.ft.
- Suite 812 (contiguous with 813) 2,273 sq.ft.
- Suite 813 2,249 sq.ft.
- Suite 901 2,622 sq.ft.